WOW classic Enchanting guide: leveling, trainer
WoW classic Enchanting guide
In this part of our series of profession guides, we would like to present to you this comprehensive WOW classic enchanting guide. Similarly, we would like to guide you through the process of leveling up, while making it as optimal as possible in order to make this a quick and pleasant journey overall.
Starting off with the recommendations for those who might be considering enchanting as their profession of choice. Do note that, on its own, enchanting is not an easy profession to level-up, due to the fact that the materials required for the enchanting recipes come from disenchanting. It is an ability that you acquire when you learn Enchanting. Using it, the player can get enchanting reagents – dusts, essences, shards and crystals, which are used for all recipes. However, the problematic part is that the item is destroyed in the process. Hence, although, it gives you a way to deal with all the trash items, it also means that you are disposing of potentially valuable items, and as such leveling-up this profession as you level-up your character might be difficult.
It is a good idea to pair enchanting with tailoring, since both professions are production professions which are unique in a sense that they do not require any gathering professions. Moreover, leveling them both together can be quite beneficial since tailoring is going to produce a lot of unnecessary items, that can be disenchanted and reused to level-up enchanting.
Enchanting is recommended for many classes; however, it is most beneficial to the cloth armor users, due to the aforementioned compatibility with tailoring and the fact that this is the type of armor that these classes use. Moreover, these classes require wands during the leveling process, which can be made by enchanters to make it quite a bit easier.
Other than that, this profession can help just about anyone, and is absolutely crucial for further progression, since it allows the players to cast powerful enchantments on gear and weapons. These can have various effects, ranging from utility improvements, like increasing mounted speed, to constant or random buffs that improve stats, damage, or survivability.
WOW classic Enchanting leveling guide
In this WoW classic enchanting guide, as in the other parts of the series, we are aiming at presenting an adaptable, quick, and possibly cheap plan for any player to level-up their enchanting from the beginning to the 300-points skill mark.
That being said, there are a few things to note before you begin working with the guide. First, when you open the Enchanting window the recipes are going to be shown in different colors – orange, yellow, green, and gray. These indicate how likely you are to get a skill-up upon completing a recipe – from the first one which guarantees an increase in skill points, to the last one which means that you are not gaining any experience from crafting this recipe.
Partially, for this reason, this WoW classic Enchanting guide, as you may see, leaves some variables and might to a small degree depend on your luck as well as your server economy, which we are trying to adapt to, offering some variations to cover for some differences. Having said that, in order to level-up Enchanting, you are going to need the following items:
- 125-180 Strange Dust
- 1 Lesser Magic Essence
- 12 Greater Magic Essence
- 20-25 Lesser Astral Essence
- 130-132 Soul Dust
- 2 Greater Astral Essence
- 240-284 Vision Dust
- 2 Greater Mystic Essence
- 5 Lesser Nether Essence
- 150-360 Dream Dust
- 40 Purple Lotus
- 40-120 Illusion Dust
- 4 Greater Eternal Essence
- 4 Small Brilliant Shard
- 2 Large Brilliant Shard
Some other necessary items, that are mostly needed to craft enchanting rods – which are tools of the trade for enchanters, and as such one cannot perform enchanting without them.
- 1 Copper Rod, which can be bought from any vendor with enchanting supplies.
- 1 Silver Rod, which has to be bought from a blacksmith since only one of them can make it.
- 1 Golden Rod, similarly to the silver version, also requires a crafter to make it.
- 1 Truesilver Rod, the penultimate rod that you are going to need, which would also suffice if you just wanted to finish leveling the profession, however, requires a proficient blacksmith to make.
- 1 Arcanite Rod, the pinnacle of enchanting gear that allows the player to cast strongest enchantments.
- 1 Shadowgem
- 1 Iridescent Pearl
- 1 Black Pearl
- 1 Golden Pearl
- Formula: Enchant Bracer - Lesser Strength
- Formula: Enchant Bracer - Greater Stamina
- Formula: Enchant Cloak - Superior Defense
Moreover, before we get to the actual WoW Classic Enchanting Guide, you should be aware that if you have enough items to disenchant, or you are going to get the materials for the leveling process explained in this guide, then you should note that the first 60 skill points can be earned through disenchanting alone, and do not require any actual recipes to be completed in the process.
In addition to that, if you are wondering about the acquisition of the materials and how you can go about getting the desired reagents from disenchanting, have a look at the list below which shows what rarities and levels of items provide what results:
- Strange Dust – uncommon items at levels 5-25
- Soul Dust – uncommon items at levels 26-35
- Vision Dust – uncommon items at levels 36-45
- Dream Dust – uncommon items at levels 46-55
- Illusion Dust – uncommon items at levels 56-60
- Lesser Magic Essence – from uncommon items at levels 5-15
- Greater Magic Essence – from uncommon items at levels 16-25
- Lesser Astral Essence – from uncommon items at levels 21-25
- Greater Astral Essence – from uncommon items at levels 26-30
- Lesser Mystic Essence – from uncommon items at levels 31-35
- Greater Mystic Essence – from uncommon items at levels 36-40
- Lesser Nether Essence – from uncommon items at levels 41-45
- Greater Nether Essence – from uncommon items at levels 46-50
- Lesser Eternal Essence – from uncommon items at levels 51-55
- Greater Eternal Essence – from uncommon items at levels 56-60
- Small Glimmering Shard – from rare items at levels 16-25
- Large Glimmering Shard – from rare items at levels 26-30
- Small Glowing Shard – from rare items at levels 31-35
- Large Glowing Shard – from rare items at levels 36-40
- Small Radiant Shard – from rare items at levels 40-45
- Large Radiant Shard – from rare items at levels 46-50
- Small Brilliant Shard – from rare items at levels 51-55
- Large Brilliant Shard – from rare items at levels 56-60
- Nexus Crystal can be obtained from epic and rare items around level 56-60.
Now, moving on to the actual WoW Classic Enchanting Guide, do remember that the quantities of items shown before are orientational, and they might depend on many factors, so have a look at this guide before you possibly begin buying reagents on the Auction House. The first you are going to need is the Runed Copper Rod, which is necessary to perform enchantments at level 1-130. This will require:
- 1 Copper Rod, which can be bought from any Trade Goods, Trade Supplies or Enchanting Supplies vendors.
- 1 Strange Dust
- 1 Lesser Magic Essence
Afterwards, if you are not doing any disenchanting to level-up, you are going to do Enchant Bracer - Minor Health, until you reach rank 50. Each enchantment requires:
Then you want to find a trainer that can teach you Journeyman Enchanting. If you don’t know where to find one, have a look at the list we put below.
Following that, the next thing to make is Enchant Bracer - Minor Health. You want to keep making those until your Enchanting is level 90. Each enchant requires:
Afterwards, you are going to need make a Runed Silver Rod for the next few enchantments which need to be made in order to continue working on future recipes, up until level 160. Making this item will require:
- 1 Silver Rod, which has to be made by a blacksmith, alternatively, you can buy it off of the Auction House.
- 6 Strange Dust
- 3 Greater Magic Essence
- 1 Shadowgem
Having done that, you should make Greater Magic Wand, in order to achieve 110 skill points. Those can be sold decently or used if you are still a leveling character that uses a wand. Making each wand requires:
- 1 Simple Wood
- 1 Greater Magic Essence
When your Enchanting reaches 110, you have a few alternatives you can take:
The first rather optimal possibility is to buy two recipes that you are going to need further down the line – Formula: Enchant Bracer - Lesser Strength and Formula: Enchant Cloak - Minor Agility, both available from Dalria in Ashenvale or Kulwia in Stonetalon Mountains, for the Alliance and the Horde respectively.
If you did buy them, the first thing you should be making is Formula: Enchant Cloak - Minor Agility, that you want to keep crafting until you reach 135 skill level, which requires:
- 1 Astral Essence each
A different possibility, in case Astral Essence is hard to obtain or expensive taking the economy of your realm into account, is to make Enchant 2H Weapon - Minor Impact, this would require:
- 4 Strange Dust
- 1 Small Glimmering Shard
Lastly, you might also consider Enchant Shield - Minor Stamina. This costs slightly more than the first one but does not require you to purchase any extra recipes. A single enchantment requires:
- 1 Lesser Astral Essence
- 2 Strange Dust
Afterwards, you ought to find an Expert Trainer, either in Elwynn Forest or Stonetalon Mountains, for the Alliance and the Horde respectively, and learn Expert Enchanting which will be necessary to carry on towards level 225 with our WoW Classic Enchanting Guide.
Having now attained level 135 and expert enchanting skill the first thing you are going to make is Enchant Bracer - Lesser Stamina until you reach level 155, each of those costs:
Afterwards, you will want to make the Runed Golden Rod, in order to make recipes until level 205. This requires:
Having now obtained a new tool of work, you are going to carry on leveling with Formula: Enchant Bracer - Lesser Strength, until you reach level 185. The recipe’s location is the one you visited in a previous step – Dalria in Ashenvale or Kulwia in Stonetalon Mountains, for the Alliance and the Horde respectively. Making those requires:
- 2 Soul Dust each
Alternatively, you might do Enchant Bracer - Spirit instead, which costs:
- 1 Lesser Mystic Essence
Then, you should be making Enchant Bracer - StrengthEnchant Bracer - Strength until you reach level 200. Each of those requires:
- 1 Vision Dust
Afterwards, you are going to need to make the Runed Truesilver Rod, that allows enchantments between level 205-300. Making this one requires:
Having done that, you want to start making Enchant Bracer - Strength, until you achieve level 220. It becomes a yellow recipe by the end so the finish might be a little bit luck dependent. Crafting each of them requires:
- 1 Vision Dust
To finish Expert enchanting, you will make a few Enchant Cloak - Greater Defense, to reach level 225, to make one of those you will need:
- 3 Vision Dust
Afterwards, as we described below, you will want to find Annora in Uldaman, she is going to teach you Artisan Enchanting, as well as teach you some of the higher-level recipes. As such, unless you want to return to Uldaman later, you should come prepared to get everything you need from her, as well as level-up a little in the dungeon to be able to learn everything you need in one go. Hence, it is recommended that you bring around 12 Gold and circa 200 Vision Dust.
Having learned Artisan Enchanting, you want to first make some Enchant Gloves - Agility, to reach level 230, each of those costs:
- 1 Lesser Nether Essence
- 1 Vision Dust
In case you don’t have Nether Essence, just go on making Enchant Cloak - Greater Defense.
Then, you should start making Enchant Boots - Stamina. Keep on making them till you reach level 235. Each of those requires:
- 5 Vision Dust
Afterwards, you are going to be making Enchant Chest - Superior Health, for a while in order to get to level 250. At that time, you can learn everything from Annora, so those abovementioned steps are recommended to do while still in the dungeon. Each of those enchantments is going to cost:
- 6 Vision Dust
To slowly bring things to an end, you ought to try to get Formula: Enchant Bracer - Greater Stamina and use that recipe to level-up enchanting to 285. Each of those requires:
- 5 Dream Dust
Alternatively, you might instead craft some Lesser Mana Oil (you can buy the recipe from Kania in Silithus, at the Inn). Each making one of those costs:
- 3 Dream Dust
- 2 Purple Lotus
- 1 Crystal Vial
Then regardless of the picked option, you want to start making Enchant Shield - Greater Stamina, until you reach level 294. The recipe can be bought from Mythrin’dir in Darnassus and Daniel Bartlett in the Undercity. Each of those requires
- 10 Dream Dust
Having gotten here, you want to make the Runed Arcanite Rod. The Formula: Runed Arcanite Rod can be obtained from Lorelae Wintersong in Moonglade, who also sells Formula: Enchant Cloak - Superior Defense, which is necessary to finish this WoW classic enchanting guide. Making it requires:
- 1 Arcanite Rod
- 1 Golden Pearl
- 10 Illusion Dust
- 4 Greater Eternal Essence
- 4 Small Brilliant Shard
- 2 Large Brilliant Shard
Now, you should only be missing the last five points, which you can get by making Enchant Cloak - Superior Defense, each of them needing:
- 8 Illusion Dust
However, you might just want to keep on making Enchant Shield - Greater Stamina if you prefer.
Having followed and completed all of these steps you are now officially a master enchanter. Congratulations!
One of the important things to remember when it comes to professions is that they also have certain ranks, these are: Apprentice, Journeyman, Expert, and Artisan. This will be especially important if you want to follow our WoW Classic Enchanting Guide since during the leveling of the profession you do need to upgrade these ranks in order to be able to gain more skill as well as learn new recipes.
In order to rank your Enchanting up, you are going to need a Trainer, these can be found in different location. Do note that they also have certain ranks, meaning that a trainer in, let’s say, Stormwind City, will not be able to teach you Expert or Artisan level Enchanting.
The locations for Enchanting trainers are:
- Alanna Raveneye, who can be found at The Oracle Glade in Teldrassil, close to a shrine devoted to a bear spirit (36.6, 34.2).
- Thonys Pillarstone, situated at The Great Forge in Ironforge, in the Thistlefuzz Arcanery building (60.6, 44).
- Betty Quin, positioned at The Mage Quarter in Stormwind City, in the building on the canal side (43, 64).
- Lalina Summermoon, who is located at The Craftsmen's Terrace in Darnassus, in the Enchanting building (59.6, 12.6).
- Lucan Cordell, located at the Mage Quarter in Stormwind City, in the building on the canal side (43, 64.2).
- Gimble Thistlefuzz, who can be found at The Great Forge in Ironforge, in the Thistlefuzz Arcanery building (60, 45.2).
- Xylinnia Starshine, who can be met at Feathermoon Stronghold in Feralas, under the elven gazebo (31.6, 44.2).
Horde Enchanting Trainers
- Teg Dawnstrider, located at the central bluff in Thunder Bluff, at the Dawnstrider Enchanters hut (45, 38).
- Vance Undergloom who can be met at Brill in Tirisfal Glades, in Gallows' End Tavern (61.6, 51.6).
- Jhag, is situated at The Drag in Orgrimmar, in the Godan's Runeworks building near the Valley of Wisdom (53.6, 38.2).
- Malcomb Wynn, who can be found at The Apothecarium in Undercity, in the inner cloister (62.8, 60.2).
- Mot Dawnstrider, found at the central bluff in Thunder Bluff, at the Dawnstrider Enchanters hut (45, 38.4).
- Godan, located at The Drag in Orgrimmar, in the Godan's Runeworks building near the Valley of Wisdom (53.8, 38.4).
- Lavinia Crowe, situated at The Apothecarium in Undercity, in the inner cloister (62.6, 61.4).
Expert Enchanting Trainer Locations
The Expert Enchanters are generally found outside the main cities, in a little bit less obvious locations. You can train Expert Enchanting at level 20 with 125 Enchanting Skill.
- Kitta Firewind, for the Alliance, who can be found at The Tower of Azora in Elwynn Forest, at the top level of the tower (64.8, 70.6).
- Hgarth, for the Horde, who is located at Sun Rock Retreat in Stonetalon Mountains, on the northeast side up a hidden path (49.2, 57.2).
Artisan Enchanting Trainer Location
There is only one way to learn highest level enchanting and that is to visit the only trainer. In existence – Master Enchanter Annora who can be found in a rather unique location – in the Uldaman dungeon, between the Map Chamber and Temple Hall. However, you might not see her at first since the scorpion mobs need to be cleared first, but that should not pose much difficulty. You can train Artisan Enchanting from her at level 35 with 200 Enchanting Skill.
We hope you enjoyed our little guide and found the tips and information contained within it to be helpful on your journey of becoming a master of crafting professions – no matter which one you choose to pursue in the end.
Shadowlands season 4 - what awaits us in the final stage of the expansion
No later than the 2nd(US)/3rd(EU) of August –Shadowlands Season 4 will have a new patch, which will be the last part of this expansion for World of Warcraft. Blizzard shared with us a summary of what awaits players this season. The big surprise is the strengthening of all raids, which will be at a similar level after the change, the new mythical dungeons, and even the buff to World Bosses.
End of Boosting in World of Warcraft TBC Classic
From the beginning of the classic versions of the game - World of Warcraft - Blizzard has had problems with the boosters. On every server-gathering chat server, he was overwhelmed with news about selling a service to speed up the experience gain. Interestingly, people were eager to use the opportunity to easily accelerate their experience points.
Wrath of the Lich King Classic will get a reworked Battle for Wintergrasp
There is still some time until the premiere of Wrath of the Lich King Classic. We can expect the creators to only make the last light touches to the game engine. Unexpectedly, Blizzard has just announced a significant change to the Battle for Wintergrasp.
World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King Classic release date leaked
A graphic has been added to the World of Warcraft Classic website to announce the release date. Probably the person who made this mistake quickly fixed his slip. However, as the saying - nothing is lost on the Internet! The date image was downloaded by several users and appeared on Reddit.